Wow, I can't believe Halloween came and went and it is November. I barely blinked.
Actually we have been working very hard since Leigh returned. Leigh and Sarah are busy going to school.
They both have Physics and Calculus classes and other fun one.
We had great garden harvest this fall in some areas and total failures in other crops, but it was a great harvest year overall. We picked watermelons and potatoes but failed at pumkins, the beans and peas were great and the corn grew to full height finally after two years of stunted crops. It continues to be a learning experience.
Since we finally got the apartment part of the basement finished the week Leigh came home, we started on the garden fence. We planted 10 more fruit trees this year and the local deer promptly stripped them off and what they didn't eat, the wind blew off. hopefully the new fence will help in a multitude of ways. I think it turned out pretty great. I even managed to grow a few lemons on my little tree in pot. I kept it on the porch until it got cold and now it is in the guest bedroom soaking up the sunshine from the window.
Warren decide that our ground was just too hard to dig some of the postholes so we invested in a new red toy, a red Kubota tractor with a back hoe attachment and other tools to hook to it. Boy does it drive nice compared to the old beasty one.
We again had snow in October and some beautiful sunsets. Life is crazy but good as always. I am recouping from knee surgery after a fall off the garden slope a few weeks ago, and the loom business is busy with pre christmas orders. We are all doing well and looking forward to a fun cruise to go on Jamaica over Christmas week. we will write more when we return. Take care to all of you. Love Cindy and the rest of the family.







1 comment:
You are amazing. I have decided I must move out your way to that I can see you often and have access to that amazing garden. The fence is just going to be gorgeous. I love you. I keep finding great houses at great prices out your way. Lets hope that next Fall there are still some available at such great prices.
Post a Comment